Pay Online


 Phone: 208.287.2500



 2404 W. Bank Drive
 Suit 100
 Boise, ID 83705

Guardianships and Conservatorships

Guardianships and Conservatorships can become necessary for both minor children and incapacitated adults.

For example, if a minor child's parents are either deceased or otherwise unavailable to provide day-to-day care (e.g., due to incarceration, illness, etc.), the Court may appoint a Guardian to make day-to-day care decisions concerning the minor child. An example of an incapacitated adult is an elderly person who suffers from Alzheimer's or Dementia. A Guardian can be appointed for that elderly person because he or she cannot make the day-to-day decisions that are necessary to provide for his or her own care.

A Conservator is a person who is appointed by the Court to manage the financial affairs of a minor child or an incapacitated adult. A Conservator is given the authority to receive the protected person's income and to use that income to care for the protected person.

We at Idaho Legal Solutions can help you establish a Guardianship and/or Conservatorship for a person who needs the protection of a guardian and/or conservator.